I was laying down on the grass tonight
looking up into the sky and all I saw were the stars that light up the dark
cold night. It made me wonder how amazing that such a small thing like that
could turn the whole dark sky bright. I laid down, started to ponder on life
and I realised that even in our life, there are stars that light up our days and
make a huge difference to us. Everyone will definitely have a special star that
means the world to us. A star that can turn your world around and make you
forget of all the challenges and miseries in life. Whenever we feel like there
is no longer hope for us to go on, a star will always make sure that we keep on
going until the end. Because our star believes in us so much that sometimes
they believe in us more than they believe in themselves. A star that will do
anything and will sacrifice their life for us no matter what the consequences
are. The feeling of having a star around us is just too sweet and
indescribable. No words can explain the feeling of it but as humans we are
always so greedy and ungrateful. We tend to neglect the things around us to
look for something better when actually the ones who really matter have always
been right there beside us no matter how bad we have treated them. Those gems
are the stars in our life. They rarely happen and they rarely appear in our
lifetime but once they are gone, only then will we realize how much we miss
them and how much it meant to us. All I can say is that some people pass through
this world and leave it as they found it but stars like them take time to do
special things that make the world more beautiful. To be honest, I just miss having you around.
So apparently when I was not even born yet, my grandmother was known as Rocky among her friends or Auntie Rocky. Her real name though is Rokiah Talib, a retired prof, a strong opinionated feminist and oh good lord such a competitive human being. Always telling me how many juzu' she has finished today and asking me, "kau dah baca berapa juzu'?" just because of my boarding school background. But to me, she is just Opah to me. Today is a monday and we all know what working feels like on a monday. So while today is a working day, but unfortunately I am just a weak human being. Your mind is still hangover from the weekend and your focus is still slowly increasing it's altitude like a plane that just took off from the runway. My work station at home is overlooking our backyard so as I was mindlessly floating and gazing upon the green grass, suddenly I heard strange sounds. I saw someone raking the dried leaves on the yard slightly after zohor prayers or like the malay...
Comments
Post a Comment