Skip to main content

From A Teenager Who Loves His Country

Just before dinner today at around 8.30 pm, I received a BBM message from a friend of mine who is also the same age as I am. 20 years old this year and definitely not able to vote just yet. Quoting him, "Apa lancau tu support Najib Hahahaa!". So right now, I would like to take this opportunity to give some thoughts on what I feel about all these politics that is going on in Malaysia right now. Malaysia as we all know, is in the midst of the 13th General Elections that will be held on Sunday the 5th of May. First and foremost, I would like to make it clear that I am not a hardcore fan of any political party at the moment and I am not about to become a member of any one of them in the near future. I basically look at things from a big picture and I don't just zoom into one and be biased towards one side. 


What is politics from my point of view and why I am interested to know about it?

Politics to me is a game where people compete among themselves. The most powerful and most influential will win the game and the prize is getting to hold the joystick in the game in other words the ones who control a country". Well that's what I see and that's my opinion. Everyone is free to have their own opinions and everyone has the right to agree or disagree with what we say. I know a lot of people will say "Hey, you're not even 21 yet and you can't vote. So why bother about politics? It's just a big waste of time" I would like to quote what General Aung San the father of Modern Burma said, you may not think about politics but politics thinks about you. Some may not notice but our everyday lives are all somehow or rather related to politics. For example, what we study in school, our syllabus and our school fees are all things that are determined by what our country needs and wants. What our country needs and wants are things that are determined by the ones manging the country which is the politicians. They have a say in what we do in our daily lives. Things like that affects my life as a student therefore politics affects my life so that is why I want to know deeper about it. I want to make sure I am satisfied with what I am doing and I want to make sure what I am doing right now is the right thing. I don't want to be learning unnecessary things or be paying ridiculous fees. I want the quality of education at it's best. That is why I learn or be aware of the political situation in Malaysia as well as the world in general.


What I think of Malaysian politics?

It all started when Malaysians (or Tanah Melayu back then) wanted to stop the British from continuing  their Malayan Union ideology which was going to further destroy Malaysia. On the 3rd of January 1946, a man from Johor by the name of Dato' Onn Jaafar created a movement called Pergerakan Melayu Semenanjung and urged other leaders from other states to come together and work as one. On the 1st till 4th of March on the same year, leaders from across the country gathered in Kelab Sultan Sulaiman, Kuala Lumpur and there the First Malay Congress was held. All the societies and movements present were being put under one roof which was UMNO (United Malays National Organisation) and Dato' Onn Jaafar was being elected as the first ever President of UMNO. 11th May 1946, UMNO was officially created in The Royal Palace of Johor. UMNO was later joined by MCA  (Malaysian Chinese Association), MIC (Malaysian Indian Congress) and other parties to form Barisan Nasional. Until today they have been the ones leading Malaysia, our beloved country and place we call home and I am satisfied with what I have today.


Of Barisan Nasional, Pakatan Rakyat, The Government & The Opposition

As we all know, Barisan Nasional is the Government and Pakatan Rakyat is the Opposition party. I feel that it is important for a country to have both, a strong Government and also a strong Opposition. Whenever one makes a mistake, the other can point out so that we can improve. This is what should happen. Not bashing each other and the biggest motive is to ensure that the other party goes down so that the other one can win. I believe we should put our ego aside and put the nation's interest as the highest priority. It is not impossible because we have done it before in the past when we wanted to gain independence, starting from saying no to Malayan Union. There are pros and cons and there are also good and bad leaders in both these political parties. They just have to make sure that their intention of going into politics is sincere and that is to want the best for our beloved country. If that is the main goal then I don't think we will have any problems because our leaders already have a good head on their shoulders.


Who should win and become the next Government?

Despite what I feel about both parties, we still need to have a party to rule the country and steer us into becoming a developed and high income nation by 2020. So we just have to choose the lesser evil of both devils because choosing or voting is a responsibility of being a citizen of Malaysia. 56 years has passed since independence and I can see that Malaysia is now a developing country and one of the most unique in the world as we are a multiracial country. Everything has gone alright ever since especially in the last 4 years when our 6th Prime Minister, Najib Razak stepped into office. I admit that they did some mistakes along the way and there are also some which I really disagree but humans can never run away from mistakes and no one is perfect except for the Prophet Muhammad PBUH. Honestly, I have to say that I've seen a lot of changes these past 4 years and I think it will be alright to give him a chance to hold the position for another term. If we change our Government right now, it will disrupt our progress and what he has done these past 4 years will all go into the drain. We don't know what will happen if the Opposition takes lead. It's like going into the land of the unknown and in this competitive world that is today, I don't think I want to try anything new. Nevertheless I would like to see my beloved nation being managed by the best and only the best. I value my future very much and therefore I don't want anyone to be messing around with it. 


My last words

Stop bashing each other. Stop throwing lies at each other. Think the best for the future and be sincere about it. No matter what, leaders from both political parties are our national leaders and therefore we MUST respect all of them as another human being no matter what. Everyone deserves to be respected as a human being. It doesn't matter which side we are on, we cannot just say vulgar things about leaders the other side. It's sad to see some youngsters saying all these kinds of words and sometimes I feel it is just too much. To me both parties are the same but what differs them from one another is how they want to manage the country and how they make people believe in their ways and policies. Back to the first paragraph, I really don't think that my friend should have done that. It does not portray a good image of us as teenagers and as youths of Malaysia. Bear in mind we are the future of Malaysia and if we start to bash each other from a very young age, just imagine what will happen in the next 20 to 30 years. I want the youth to take history as a lesson and make sure that it does not happen again in the future. As the saying goes, those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Let us all pray for a better Malaysia in the future. A better place for us and our children. Don't throw away our future for something that is not worthwhile. It is too valuable to be messed around with. I believe that "Children Today are the Leaders of Tomorrow".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Think About Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT)

Assalamualaikum and hello to all my readers, Well today will be my first time posting a REAL post on my blog (sebelum ni asyik copy paste jee hahaa :P ). To me, this is a good way to actually improve your writing skills. It doesn't matter if its in English or in Malay, as long as there is an improvement it is definitely more than okay! Today I would like to write what I think about the latest "hot topic" out there which is the LGBT case. Apparently a few days ago the Malaysian Ministry of Education came out with a list "Guidelines to identify gays and lesbians". I've searched on google but I can't seem to find any photo of that list from the Ministry itself, instead the most popular photo with the highest SEO apparently seems to be this photo from malaysiakini. Malaysiakini is a Malaysian opposition prone website. Well known with spreading negative stories about the Government and sorry to say, to them (the opposition) everything that the BN Go

A Virtual Cheers!

Abah passed away a few months back and yesterday was 3 months to be exact however, there are certain family members and close friends that have been wondering do I grief? do I cry? do I allow my sadness and sorrow to flow out naturally? Of course, I’m only human so I definitely do. I do grief when I recall a certain memory of my Dad but I just don’t share, I do cry but I prefer to cry alone instead of in public and I think that’s just the way I am. I may be a social butterfly and can instantly crack a joke or start a conversation with almost anyone but deep down, I very much prefer things to be very private. Maybe part of it subconsciously, was because I grew up in a very conservative malay family and being the eldest grandchild on both my paternal and maternal sides I used to spend a lot of time with the older ladies. I learned my way to become the best communicator. If you’ve watched Crazy Rich Asians before, imagine the scene where they were doing dumplings at the dining table well

Friends, College & A Whole New Beginning

Assalamualaikum and greetings to all my readers! Today I feel like writing something about myself and the people around me. People whom I care about and people who mean something to me. Actually, I am a person who loves being around a lot of people and I think most of my friends know that. Furthermore, they also know for a fact that I love to talk! I love telling stories and sharing my opinions with people. My friends will actually come to me and ask for opinions, support, and at times they even turn to me as a shoulder to cry on. It gives me great joy and happiness just by solving other peoples problem and turning their frown into a smile. But if I'm to write about every single one of them, I'm afraid it'll take forever and when it comes to the 3rd or 4th paragraph, all my readers will already be asleep haha! So for this very post I'm just gonna talk about my life in college and so I gave it the title "Friends, College & A Whole New Beginning." Now why